I once heard that it takes 90 days to break a bad habit or to get a new behavior engrained into your being. So I've created a blog to track my daily progress in starting some new habits (or tackling those bad ones if I feel brave enough). Every 90 days I'll choose a new habit to start or break

Monday, February 20, 2012

5am Meditation Day 40- Simply Being

The Pleasure of Simply Being

"Whenever you try to exert control over the natural ebb and flow of life, you end up either frustrated or disappointed- because it can't be controlled. Whenever you apply effort to trying to relax and slow down, you produce the opposite effect. Whenever you try to dictate the outcome of your meditation you negate its most wondrous benefit- the pleasure of simply being."

Paul Wilson The Quiet

Wherever You Go There You Are

How often each day would you have to say I don't want to be where I am? What does it feel like when you don't want to be where you are- the traffic jam, your place of work, the airport lounge, and the people you are with?

It has been said: wherever you go there you are. In other words you are always here. Why is it so hard to accept that?

Surrender is surrender to this moment not to a story through which you interpret this moment and then try to resign yourself to it.

Eckhart Tolle Stillness Speaks

http://www.learning-modern-meditation.com/meditation-quotes.html

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Erin for your kind sweet spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can be simple after this class. Continue to meditate and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to take a break fron eveyday life and just reflect and relax.

    ReplyDelete